Re: [BKARTS] Book Skins

Thank you to all on this fantastic List who came with information in
answering my question(s) regarding the use of animal 'materials' in the
making of book works etc. I usually reply to the List and also in person,
but these days I am a bit busy, so sorry if I didn't get back to thank you
in person for the emails straight away. :)
 The prohibitation, or ban, of animal materials (or any other non-animal
materials) in the making of a book is what interests me now.
 That is to say that the last paragragh of my text, which you have kindly
helped us with, will end with this topic (i.e. prohibitation) so that
further questions can be asked with regard to materials and books.
 I apologise to Randolph if the bombardment of animal skin inforamtion
became to much! :)
 Also, I agree with Bertha, however my question refered to the history of
book materials. I guess that there might be less of a history of animal
skins in the future....if that make any sense! I have a friend who went to
the Royal College of Art (UK, Peggy Atherton) and will pose this question to
her and a book project. Apart from making films and photograpghs she has
begun to cast 'roadkill' commenting on our relationship with animals in her
work....should be interesting what she says.......
 And all the talk of kangaroos!...very suprising :) For some reason - my
cold sense of humour maybe - I just can't stop giggling at Peter's comment
about Roo skins being imperfect due to bullet holes, wire fences and trees!!
I see Roos are up against alot!
 Anyway, on with the text - sorry for spelling mistakes anywhere :)
 Paul

--
Paul Bettinson
http://ncfab.org