Re: [BKARTS] leather thickness correction

Thank you for the correction on the thickness of leathers. Should read 0.5 and 0.6 mm.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. J. Foncannon" <bolu.bolu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: sale on kangaroo: can't be right

The thicknesses you quote for kangaroo skin, half the thickness of bond paper, can't be right. Maybe a decimal point got misplaced.

Tom Hollander wrote:

Our (Hollander's) internet sale starts tomorrow and runs Thursday - Sunday, Oct 13- 16. It's for 10% off everything (papers, bookbinding supplies and includes leathers). Plus, there is free shipping on all orders over $50. For more information about the sale go to http://www.hollanders.com/upcomingevents.htm

We carry both Kangaroo and Goat (Harmatan).  We are the only significant
US
distributor of kangaroo leather, used specifically for bookbinding. We
have
the Kangaroo split to .05mm and the goat to .06mm, which means they need
very little paring, if any. The sale might be a good time to give it a
try.
Anyone, who orders leathers from us and is not happy can return them for a
full refund.

Tom

Hollander's
410 N Fourth Ave