Re: [BKARTS] hotbed skins

> The book bound in the skin of William Burke (a guestbook!)
> was, according to the Dutch site James referred to in an
> earlier email, auctioned off in 1988. Not sure where it went!

There is still a book bound in his skin in the Museum of Surgery in
Edinburgh (displayed next to his skeleton), but I haven't been in to see it
and don't know what the contents are.  And I wouldn’t place too much
reliance on that Dutch page, since it says Burke and Hare were in England
(should be Scotland) and claims that they were grave robbers (they never
were).

Bit early for the Halloween-worthy content of this thread!

Abi
http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com