Re: [BKARTS] hotbed skins

Kattalina,
Ah yes, the Noble Savage concept is alive and well.
What kind of "respect" for animals allows one to drive hundreds of buffalo off a cliff to die terrified and to waste anything that couldn't be salvaged in a day or so?
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Smashed_In_Buffalo_Jump
The pile of bones under these cliffs is 10m thick. So they wasted the bones at least.
Dave

kattalina kazunas wrote:

It is interesting to consider that Native Americans
used animals hides and skins and bones, for clothing,
shelter, tools, food, and so forth. The difference
was, they killed the animals with a degree of
"respect" (for lack of a better word), AND, they also
used every inch of the animal's parts, and were not
wasteful. Therein, I think lies the difference between
how our culture treats animals, and how native peoples
used to do it. (and perhaps still do in remote parts
of the world).

_____
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria BC CANADA V8Z 2N4