[BKARTS] News from Transient Books, Argentina

Hello All,

After all this talk about skin, plain ol' book news from the Southern Hemisphere seems rather tame...

For weeks now I've been meaning to share photos of our most recent bookbinding workshops in the middle of nowhere. This time in the high sierras behind our home in the province of Cordoba, Argentina. Luis Volkman, a local biologist, wrote a project and got funding for a series of workshops that combine ecology and bookbinding in the rural schools in our area. (This is an over simplified description of the project, but that's the essence of the work.) The fun of combining kids, books, caring for the planet, and insects.
Photos and a bit more explanation can be seen here: http://www.transientbooks.com/bookworkshop/padreliqueno.htm

Enjoy!
Alex Appella
www.transientbooks.com