To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 10:27 AM
Subject: Molly Made Book Question

Dear People,

I have in my possession an interesting book produced by the MOLLOY-MADE Chicago company.
It was located at 2857 N. Western Avenue. There is no date in the book and the address has no zip code
so it may predate 1945. It appears that it is a sample book for covers.

It has a distinctive leather cover obviously indicating the quality and services they provided. Inside the front
cover and 2 additional pages are physical samples of the various color and cover stock available.
Delightful names like Rhinoceros, Pin Morocco, Caracul Basket Weave, Antelope, Walrus etc., are included.
The book states that there are 46 cover designs available, arranged in numerous alphabetical categories.
Each full page is devoted to an excellent detailed photograph of a specific subject. The variety and
detail is impressive to say the least. They run from traditional to contemporary.

Am curious about this company and the interesting covers they produced. A web search didn't reveal
anything so I appeal to the luminaries on this site. Any help given would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joan Michaels Paque
JMP Atelier

www.joanmichaels.paque.com