Re: [BKARTS] Philadelphia Print Collaborative - The Big Block

Forgive me for cross-posting - but I figured some of
you might be interested in the following:

The Big Block Lecture Series continues on *October 28,
2005** at **7pm* at the Samuel S. Fleisher Art
Memorial with Teresa Tió, author of the book, _El
Cartel en __Puerto Rico_ (The Poster in Puerto Rico).
The
posters of Puerto Rico, made famous by artists such as
Lorenzo Homar, Rafael Tufiño, were created in a
graphic style unique to this island. Using printmaking
traditions of woodcut, silkscreen and lithograph,
these artists crafted beautiful ephemera with complex
mixes of text and image. The posters, range from bold
political caricatures to vibrant theater and art
festival announcements, providing a unique view into
the rich cultural traditions of Puerto Rico.

And, mark your calendar for Sunday, December 4th for
The Big Bock, a day of printmaking demonstrations and
workshops at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. I look
forward to seeing you at these and other events
as Printing Philadelphia: The Big Block continues!

In community,
Caitlin Perkins
Printing Philadelphia: The Big Block Coordinator
215-701-6148
cperkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.phillyart.net/michellewilson