[BKARTS] California Conference in February

In spite of the title, Dick Pio will be teaching a Clamshell Box / Case
Bound Book. If you are not a member of the organization, you just have
to pay an extra $42 for a year's membership. Included at no extra charge
is Southern California February weather. No snow or ice is guaranteed!
This conference will be in the 75-120 participant range. I understand
that the rooms are HOTEL rooms, not dorm rooms and that the meals are
prepared by their culinary school.

Feb 16-19, 2006. Letters California Style. The Society for Calligraphy,
Southern California presents the First Annual "Member's" Conference,
Thur-Sun, Kellogg West Conference Center and Lodge, Pomona, CA. Classes:
Lisa Engelbrecht Fun with Romans,
      Instructors and classes: Randy Hasson Text and Texture: Layered
Journal Book. Carrie Imai Neuland, Cuneiform & Beyond. Carol Pallesen
Monoline-O-Mania. Dick Pio Clamshell Box with a Case Bound Book. Jane
Shibata Drawn Letterforms With Colored Pencil Techniques. DeAnn Singh
Beginning Italic/Refining Italic. Peter Thornton. Traditional and
Contemporary Gilding. Mark Van Stone From Roman to Medieval Times:
Traditional Manuscript Hands. Cost: $650 or $825 (single occupancy)
includes your instruction, meals, and lodging. Add $42 if you are not a
SofC member. More info: DeAnn Singh: DeScribe25@xxxxxxxx
www.societyforcalligraphy.com.

      Michael and I will set up a John Neal Books supply, book and fine
paper store at the conference for both participants and visitors. Some
evening programs will be open to the public as well.

For those who want to see the St Johns Bible here are the venues that
have been announced already.  The Bible will remain unbound to allow it
to be exhibited.

st johns bible exhibition schedule:

January 21, 2006 - April 16 2006: Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha, NE

February 2, 2006 - May 1, 2006: Victoria & Albert Museum, London,
England (Prophets only).

June 8, 2006 - September 3, 2006: Tyler Museum of Art, Tyler, TX

October 6, 2006 - December 15, 2006: Library of Congress, Washington, DC

January 26, 2007 - April 6, 2007: Naples Art Museum, Naples, FL

December 21, 2007 - March 7, 2008: Phoenix Art Museum, Phoenix, AZ

October 10, 2008 - April 10, 2009: Mobile Museum of Art, Mobile, AL

     There are also facsimiles of the Bible being published, a dvd/vhs
documentary of the making of the manuscript, a book on making the making
of the St Johns Bible and some blank cards available. I can send you
more info on these or you can check them out on my website.

John Neal, Bookseller

www.JohnNealBooks.com

800-369-9598

336-272-6139