[BKARTS] Moldy PVA

Deb:

We also had a major mold problem with our Jade 403 this summer and we have
not had a problem in the past 13 years.  Although we did scrape it out of our
Swiss Glue Pots and kept them in the refrigerator when not in use we still had a
problem with both pots.  We ended up throwing brushes out and using small
butter containers instead.  We also threw out 1/2 gal. in Aug. which had a very
obvious layer of blue mold.  Our supplier told me that PVA has a shelf life and
is best stored in a refrigerator, it had been purchased in July 2004. We are
now using Jade 411.

I was pleased to see this question addressed and am wondering if anyone else
has had a problem.  Our Michigan summer was very hot and humid but the bindery
is air conditioned and we are conscious of methods to prevent cross
contamination.  It's very frustrating coming from a nursing back ground and still have
blue growth.

Your Binding Friend,
Sue Toth

Books...Bound to be Used