From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Alan Gardner
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:14 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS]

Hi all,
I purchased two used books that I'd like to re-cover so that they are
matching companion books.  Both books are the same height, different
thickness, but the length of book A is 1/4 of an inch deeper than
book B.  Ideally, I'd like to have them both the same length so that
their spines are flush when they're on the book shelf.

Are there any recommended "hacks" to make these books even?  Can I
elongate the cover on one and shorten it on the other? Can I make the
piece of backboard along the spine a bit thicker on book B to make
the total cover deeper?

This is my first attempt at book binding and would appreciate any
advice on how to make this a successful outcome.

Alan