[BKARTS] Reminder - Print Dialogue Day, Nov. 15 in North Georgia

The American Print Alliance invites you to our 2005 Print Dialogue Day!
Saturday, November 12, hosted by Michael Marling at North Georgia College &
State University in Dahlonega.

Join us for a day of prints, paper and book arts. Everyone welcome -
independent artists, students and teachers, collectors and curators,
everyone interested in exciting contemporary art. See friends and meet new
colleagues. Enjoy the opportunity to exchange ideas and share research in an
informal setting. This will be our 8th Print Dialogue Day, a fun
get-together someplace in the southeast, this year in the mountains in the
beautiful town of Dahlonega! We hope to still have some Fall leaf color,
too.

If you haven't yet, please RSVP if can come so we can plan for coffee and
for tables for the open portfolio session: director@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Coffee starting at 9 a.m., program 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Talks, 9:30 to noon:
* Michael Marling on the Southern Printmaking Biennale
* Stephanie Smith on the Atlanta Printmakers Studio
* Stephen LeWinter with slides of work using water-based ink and
photosensitive plates
* Juanita Tumelaire with her imagery about cultural dissonance (Tibet/China,
America/Iraq)
* Carol Pulin about The American Print Alliance

Lunch, noon to 1:30, on your own (bring a sandwich or enjoy a nearby cafe on
the square in Dahlonega)

Exhibitions, 1:30 till 5:
* Theater of the Mind, a travelling exhibition from the American Print
Alliance, in the lobby of Dunlap Hall
* Echoes of Applachia, weaving and fabric collage, Hoag Student Center
Gallery

Demos, 2 to 5:
* Stephen LeWinter showing water-based ink and photosensitive plates
* Cynthia Lollis with book arts
* Open Portfolio Session: bring a portfolio of 10 to 15 of your prints or
artist's books to show, and take the opportunity to see what other
printmakers in our area are working on.

Dahlonega is about an hour north of I-285/Atlanta. Driving directions at
www.ngcsu.edu/discover/directions.shtml and a campus map at
www.ngcsu.edu/resource/campmap.shtml. The Fine Arts Department is in the Nix
Mountain Cultural Center, near the midpoint of the Drill Field which is the
center of campus.

This event is free and open to all. We'll be asking for a small donation
($10 suggested, students $1 to $5).

If you aren't already a subscriber to Contemporary Impressions, the journal
of the American Print Alliance, we are offering a special discounted price
of $25 (students $15) if you will pick up your 2005 issues during the day.
We can also bring back issues and prints, please see the index in the
Library section of www.PrintAlliance.org and let Carol know which you would
like. If you are a subscriber (or about to become one), you can have an
image posted FREE in our Print Bin! Bring your slide and permission form
(download at www.printalliance.org/gallery/printbin_info.html).

Please come! We look forward to seeing you.

The American Print Alliance is a consortium of non-profit printmakers'
councils in the United States and Canada representing about 5,000 artists.
The Alliance sponsors national and international projects, including
travelling exhibitions, an extensive website, acclaimed journal and resource
publications. Learn more about the Alliance at www.PrintAlliance.org.