[BKARTS] Spirit Book Series

Dear Friends

I know that some of you are probably saying okay, enough with the Spirit Books, but I wanted to post information about an newspaper article (Metrowest Daily News from Framingham, MA) and tell you a little about the retrospective exhibit. It has been very exciting to see all the works (there are 35) gathered in one room. The walls are empty and the pedestals are painted the same color, a rich tan. The pedestals are three heights and are made up of a base, a spacer, and a top plate which is 2" all around larger than the piece. The pedestals are grouped in clusters of 4 to 7. I usually exhibit my work on pedestals in galleries but after my display last year at the Center for Book Arts in the case, I realized how well they worked in close proximity. It gives the pieces a chance to play off each other. I really feel that this is a case where the whole is greater than a sum of the parts. If you're in the area, I hope you'll stop by.

Carney Gallery
Regis College Fine Arts Center
235 Wellsley Street
Weston, MA 02493
781.768.7034l
October 23-December 18
Gallery Hours: Monday-Friday: 10-4 and by appointment
Gallery Talk and Hands-on Viewing: November 20, 2:30-4:30

My son and I filmed a documentary about the series this summer. The filming is done but it awaits his editing. I hope it will be ready to view early next year and be available as a DVD in the summer.

If you'd like to read the article, the link is
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/artsCulture/view.bg? articleid=113352&format=&page=1

in good spirit
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord