Re: [BKARTS] Winter Book Arts Getaway

Dear Kevin,

If warm is relative, San Francisco Center for the Book always has a full schedule of various workshops (online newsletter available). Some of SF's most gorgeous days are in February and the Center happens to be in a sunny microclimate. A more expansive and gracious (read warm) group of bookmakers you'll never meet. Kala Institute (kala.org)in Berkeley has beautiful letterpresses and all means of printmaking. That side of the bay is sunny year round. If warm is empirical (above 75F) check out the California Center for Bookarts (maybe the name is slightly different) in LA.