Re: [BKARTS] Bookbinding Material Samples

Until we were made aware of a paper distributor locally, we had a tough
time finding papers locally. Eventually, people here at the book arts
list helped us find In a bind, and one of our art supply shops started
to carry book arts supplies (apparently, it's a popular art form here,
now...).

Depending on where in the boonies you happen to be located, call the
nearest city paper supplier, and see what they can do for you. They will
often carry uncut sheets and be able to trim them to the size you like,
in text weight, cover weight, or writing weight sheets. Often they will
require a minimum order, but depending on what they have, that just
means that you'll get some high quality (recycled?!) paper for your text
blocks, and some fancier paper for covers. If you luck out, they'll also
have chip board at a reasonable price. The other benefit is you're
purchasing in bulk quantities, so you get bulk discounts.

Unless you're making money off of your crafts, don't bother with ultra
expensive papers until you get good enough to spend a small fortune of
"positive cash flow". A hobby is a great thing, but its wonderful if it
can pay for itself. Hope this helps some!

Robert  &  Jamie  Angus

Octavia & Co. Press

OctaviaPress.Com

(403)-242-0397