Re: [BKARTS] Fw: <B>MARIMEKKO HAS COMPANY</b>

Ginnie,

The website is www.txtlart.com They no longer have a store in San Francisco.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yourfirstname Yourlastname" <ginmick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Fw: <B>MARIMEKKO HAS COMPANY</b>

Definitely I remember Marimekko fabrics! They had (may still have?) a store in San Francisco. Do you have a website for them?

Ginnie

eNewsletter 4Eureka! My heart skipped a beat when I opened my mail this morning
and found this message from Marimekko and LJundberg Textile Arts. In the 1960s
Marimekko sold the most beautiful (if you like well-designed modern prints)
handprinted fabrics that my husband (a modern architect) used for everything,
wall hangings, curtains, shirts, dresses for me, pillows, sheets, etc. He would
have covered the outside of the house if we could have afforded it. I used small
scraps for book coverings decades later. I'll try to send some photos later in
another message.

Several years ago when we looked for the fabrics again, they were not available
in the US. Take my word for it. they are fabulous! And sold now in sheets!

Betty Storz
storz@xxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: Textile Arts