Re: [BKARTS] wholesale trade shows

I do not show at wholesale craft shows primarily because the two best shows
I know of are on the East coast and it's prohibitive for me to show at them.
I live in Berkeley, CA.

They are:

American Craft Council, Baltimore summer show
http://www.craftcouncil.org/baltimore
and
Buyers Market of American Craft in Philadelphia, AKA: "The Rosen Show"
http://www.americancraft.com/BMAC/

The ACC has a mentor program for new artists at the wholesale show. I
learned what I needed to know by interviewing experienced artists.
Ellen asked:
I'm wondering if anyone on the list has had experience selling his or
her handmade books, papers, cards, etc. at fine arts or crafts trade
shows....the kind of large scale shows that cater to wholesale buyers
from museum shops and high end gallery shops instead of individual
collectors or retail buyers.  If so, which ones would you recommend as
worthwhile in terms of orders taken and show booth costs?  I'm limiting
this search geographically to trade shows in the U.S. A Google search
results in a very long list of such shows but I need some
recommendations as a starting point for further research.
Thanks so much for any assistance offered (and thanks for the helpful
information that comes my way each day through the generous members of
this list.)
--
Ellen Sheffield
Unit IV