Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 15 Nov 2005 to 16 Nov 2005 (#2005-320)

Ellen-
The SURTEX Show (May 21-23) at the Jacob Javits Center in NYC is a wonderful
place to show your work. SUR-face and TEX-tile designers can have either their
own or share booths which attract commercial buyers. Although I have not done
so in several years, I hear it's still a viable showcase for designers and
artists. It is pricey, but sharing a booth might be the way to go, first try.
George Little Management might even be able to help you find a suitable share.
http://www.surtex.com/

Many buyers that cater to wholesale buyers from museum shops and high end
gallery shops attending the Stationary Show, below, come by SURTEX and you might
catch their eye more readily than at the Stationary Show, which is enormous
and highly commercial. I've done both shows, and prefer the smaller, elite
SURTEX. Although I was, at the time, licensing designs, there were always booths in
the show with beautifully crafted handmade objects as well.

It's important to visit the show and see what it's like for yourself before
deciding. It takes a great deal of work, preparation, promotion and $$$ to do
these shows, and you would want to make it your very best.

Feel free to contact me if I can be more helpful.

A L I C E * S I M P S O N
D A N C E M A R A T H O N
NEW WORK:www.alicesimpson.com