Re: [BKARTS] Book Arts in Paris?

Thank you so much for the information Laurel. Sounds like I've just missed the first class in English and will also have to miss the second class since I'm engaged on December 4th. I will hope to take a class after the first of the year and I'll keep in touch with the web site between now and then. Meanwhile I will come and see what you're up to! Are you there on weekends? Sounds and looks wonderful.

On Nov 20, 2005, at 6:00 PM, Laurel Parker wrote:

Hello Nancy
I'm an American bookbinder living and working in Paris. We give classes in our studio, in both english and french, but do not rent out space. We are a handbindery of two bookbinders, as well as two printmakers/ graphic designers. Come by and visit.
Our website: www.deuxiemerue.com
our studio
Deuxième Rue
Viaduc des Arts
91 ave Daumesnil
12th arrondisement
metro Gare de Lyon
Tel 01 43 43 17 80
email: deuxiemerue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

à bientôt

Laurel Parker

From: Nancy Wilson <nancy.wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Book Arts in Paris?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:40:59 +0100

Hello,

I am new to both the Book Arts discussion forum and to Paris, where I'm spending the winter months. I wonder if anyone out there knows of resources for book arts in this lovely city? I have taken many wonderful classes at the SF Center for the Book and would love to find a similar place here in Paris if one exists. I'm not a professional, just someone who enjoys printmaking and book arts as a creative outlet, so I'm looking for a place where an artist can take classes and use the facilities. Any ideas?

Thanks for any leads you can send my way!
--Nancy