[BKARTS] no-see-um vs. tulle

Hello all. I am working towards larger japanese-style sheets of paper, and
am attempting to make a roughly 2' x 3' su-keta from a matchstick bamboo
shade. In my remote local, noone sells the no-see-um netting I thought to
use to cover the relatively coarse bamboo. the local fabric store sells
cheap bridal tulle. Has anyone used this in such a way? with success?
failure? Any other suggestions for possible netting materials would be
appreciated.
thanks and thanksgiving,
Julie Jones