Re: [BKARTS] Exhibition Announcement: Barbara Tetenbaum: A Retrospective of 25 Years as a Book Artist

Dear Jim Carmin,

I wish I could attend the exhibition you annouced on the Book Arts List.
I'm in Philadelphia, and don't have plans to be in Portland in the next few
months, but thoroughly enjoyed my previous two visits to your city.

In fact, during the AIC meeting (in 2003?), I visited the Wilson room at the
library and we were shown some wonderful examples from the collection.   One
of them was a book which is from Lyon, France.   The textblock consists of
silk, woven so finely that it appears to be precisely printed.   I've regretted
that I did not have a pencil at hand to write down the information about it.

If you know which volume I'm describing, I would most appreciate it, if, when
convenient, you could send me a note with the title and date and any other
catalog information that exists.   (I haven't been able to find it online.)

Thanks for all you do and belatedly for the hospitality the AIC group was
shown by the your library.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Nancy H. Nitzberg