[BKARTS] book making kits

I have gathered a group of 6-10 friends together who are planning a basic
bookmaking "party" for January. There are no book arts facilities nearby, so
we're teaching ourselves (though not all of us are complete novices). For our
first project, we've decided that a kit would be the way to go. We've checked
out kits sold by Paper Source and Hollander's, but there's really quite a range
(in style, complexity, and price). I think we're all interested in making
journals, but nothing too basic or expensive. Most of you probably scoff at
kits, but if you've by chance had a positive experience using a kit, please
pass that information along off-list.

Thank you!
R.

fadetheory.com