Re: [BKARTS] kangaroo leather

I took a class in Nag Hammadi bookbinding that used Kangaroo leather. It is an old egyptian way of binding and the great thing is that the book is refillable. Originally the pages were made with papyrus, however that is hard to write on, so commonly we use it in the cover as board. (many pieces glued together). We used PVA, however if any got on the outside we found that it did discolor the leather. We did try to clean the PVA off and were unable to get the stain off. For more info on Nag Hammadi, you may want to do a search on Nag Hammadi through Google or another search engine.

  We did not polish or change the colors, however I plan on filling the lines in my next book with ink.

  Hope that helps,

  Michelle

"J. J. Foncannon" <bolu.bolu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   Can anyone share some tips with me on using this leather? Is it possible to clean it,
and if so, how? Can polishes, such as boot polish, be used on it? If a spot of PVA glue falls on it, can it be removed
with water?
Thanks,
Jet
--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA 19139

The Belgian surrealist painter Renee Magritte entered a cheese store in Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.
The owner pulled a wheel from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.
?No,? Magritte insisted. ?This one?s been stared at.?

See for full information