Re: [BKARTS] typeface help

Hi Carole,

I don't know if you got any responses to your question, but here's my
$.02. Looking through the P&S catalog the only faces that I would
consider would be the Baskerville or the Fournier for titling 18th C
bindings. Most of the rest are too idiosyncratic, incorrect for the
period, and/or just plain unattractive. And you probably know that
you'll need a couple of sizes. In that regard, I was taught to estimate
what size would be appropriate and go down to the next smaller face; the
idea being that smaller type well spaced is much more attactive than
large type squeezed to fit.If I were buying for myself I'd probably pick
their 8, 12 and 16 and 24 point sizes.
Hope this helps.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Don Rash