Re: [BKARTS] typeface help for 18th Century Labels

Carole,

I have the P&S Engraving Catalogue with its Supplement obtained in
April 2004,  on p.S13 there are two fonts, one marked 18th Century the
other 17th Century.  These look ideal and I have compared them to
some of my old title labels.  You should be able to locate them on the
P&S Web site.

You might perhaps get away with Gloucester, Cheltenham Old Style or
Kent.  Unfortunately I don't know when these fonts were first
introduced.

Rodney Fry
Crowthorne,
Berks,  UK

On 22 Nov 2005 at 0:00, BOOK_ARTS-L automatic digest system
wrote:

>  I'd like to make an investment in handle letters at the end of the year, but I need to know what a good typeface is for my work.
>  I would use these letters on labels for books printed in the 18th century.
>  I have the P&S Engraving Catalog.

>  Thanks very much,
>  Carole Vanderhoof
>  Lonely Pine Bindery

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Message sent with PegasusMail 4.21B
System W98 4.10.2222A 2nd Edn on ABIT KR7A-RAID,
McAfee VirusScan v5.21, Mozilla v1.7 browser
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx