Re: [BKARTS] typeface help

Carole

There is an in-print book by Warren Chappel titled A Short History of the Printed Word, recently revised by Robert Bringhurst, that provides a century by century look at printed books and the typefaces used for them. Many historical typefaces (otherwise completely unknown or forgotten by the mid-19th c.) were revived in the 20th century (thanks to photographic film) and were made available in a variety of formats. The Chappel book is a very easy entry.

Gerald

I'd like to make an investment in handle letters at the end of the year, but I need to know what a good typeface is for my work. I would use these letters on labels for books printed in the 18th century.
I have the P&S Engraving Catalog.

Thanks very much, Carole Vanderhoof
Lonely Pine Bindery
http://Lonelypine.ce-service.biz