Re: [BKARTS] "Unique Handmade Books" book for sale

Hi Jill- I'm certain that if my head were not held on my shoulders with extra-strength twine, then it would float away, and I would lose it every time I left my house! If no one else has yet taken up your offer, I would be willing - see me off list at steverobertson@xxxxxxxxxx Thanks!
Marisa Robertson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jill Timm" <jtimm@xxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:06 PM
Subject: "Unique Handmade Books" book for sale

Have you ever wanted something, then you buy it, and some time later forget that you got it and you buy it again! I think this may have something to do with age.

I wanted the book by Alisa Golden, Unique Handmade Books. I picked one up in my travels. Then I forgot I had it and bought another one when I saw it again! Now I need to sell one. It is still brand new. It is the hard cover version, retails for $27.95. It would be a perfect addition to your library. It is a great book for simulating ideas on different structures and techniques, lots of great photos.
I am willing to sell it for $25 and I will pay for the shipping (US). It is a great present to a book person or for yourself. You can send me a check or use PayPal.

Book Description
Alisa Golden explores various approaches to creating handmade books against the backdrop of her own work and the contributions of 13 other book artists.

Dozens of project instructions teach you how to make assorted book forms, including accordion-fold constructions, pocket pages, simple binding methods, and more unusual forms such as tunnel books or Jacob's ladder books. You'll also learn less tangible skills such as how to find ideas, play with design concepts, and make a collaborative book. Since these creations are often more like mixed-media sculpture than volumes to be read, the projects serve more as a general guide for exploring our own creativity than making exact duplicates of Golden's offerings. Experienced crafters, and even very adventurous beginners, will find a wealth of inspiration here.

Every one of these astonishing and original projects will redefine your idea of how a book should look. No simple rectangles here, but one-of-a-kind volumes folded like an accordion; shaped and themed, with windows and envelopes; thickly sewn and decoratively woven; dressed in "wedding netting" for a bride; and made out of paper bags. There are even containers for protection and display, and they can enhance the meaning of a book's text. Along with advice on paints, inks, stencils, transfers, and distressed covers, you'll find fun ways to make collaborative books, including ones to create with a child.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Jill

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press