Re: [BKARTS] Paper folding

Hi,
If you are still curious, it is possible to do this with one peice of
paper, albeit difficult to provide clear instructions by email without
attaching pictures.  If you or anyone would like pictures to help
clarify the steps, please just let me know!

first, using a square sheet of paper, fold into fourths (in half then
in half again), then unfold and do the same in the other direction.
You are left with three vertical and three horizontal lines, making an
inner and an outer square.

lightly crease the paper diagonally both ways("like a taco"), then cut
along those diagonal lines WITHIN the smaller square of original
folds, leaving four triangular flaps attached by the hypotenuse to the
outer square.

starting with any flap, fold it back, out of the way, leaving the
opposite alone and in sight.

the other two flaps get cut along the center line up as far as the
outer square.  then with both sides, fold one of the newly created
smaller triangular flaps back out of the way against the outer
square.

now, here's the tricky part.  bring all of the middle folds in the
outer square up to become ridges or tops of the walls, while the outer
two lines of each side go down to separate the walls and the floors.

I found it easier to start with the walls with the flaps that were not
cut, bringing them up at the same time, making the flap "hug" the
opposite wall.  Then while holding those walls up with one hand, bring
up the others with the other hand, making sure that one small flap
stays back, or under, out of the way, and the other rests against an
adjoining wall.

the flaps are there to hold the walls up and in place.  glue or tape
these flaps to the wall.  You may also have to glue or tape the rest
of the walls together for stability.

Thanks,
Amy Jacobson
amyjo@xxxxxxxxxx