From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Rebecca Morton
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 12:02 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tacking Ribbon

I prefer to secure ribbon with ATG (gummy two-sided tape available
from framer's suppliers;  there is an acid-free version available).
There is no drying time, so it adheres immediately and the ribbon
won't move, it is not liquid at all so it can't make a hard spot or
stain.  If you have any concerns for posterity, it is completely
reversible, though the non-archival stuff will stain over time.  Some
people find it a big pain to work with.  I LOVE it.  I forgo the big
applicator gun and use fingers and a single-edge razor blade.

Good luck,
Rebecca