From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul
T Werner
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 4:26 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Gum Ammoniac

Interesting problem. I've had mine for so long I've forgotten where I
got it. Baggot, which used to sell it, has gone under, and I get the
impression from their catalog that they got theirs from some
spiritualist or other. They charged $5.60 a gram, which ain't too
spiritual by me. Sepp, the major distributor of gilding supplies,
doesn't seem to have it. Neither, surprisingly, does Kremer, though you
may want to give them a call.

If it helps: the stuff is used as an emetic. It makes you barf. You may
want to try Asian pharmacies.

Paul T Werner, New York