Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 13 Dec 2005 to 14 Dec 2005 (#2005-347)

Date:    Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:33:33 -0700
From:    "Octavia & Co. Press" <JamieJT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hot Foil Pens

Has anyone tried the hot foil pens? Any suggestions?

I just bought one, and haven't tried it yet. As some of you know, I used
to be a jeweler, and this reminds me of the old wax-pen that we used to
use to sculpt wax models.

I have used my pen a couple of times. Its a bit clunky, I think the switch button could be a little taller.

Practise with the cardboard template as a guide and make sure you count slowly to five so it warms properly before starting. I used it to add lines across a spi but I'm sure there's lots more that can be done. I just acquired some ends of foil reels in white red and black to experiment with.

Adrienne