Re: [BKARTS] Artist biographies

I found that Calvin Tomkins book "Duchamp A Biography" was interesting and
informative along with being a fun book to read. From the start to finish
(450+ pages) it was hard to put down. The biography is successful because it
not only reads like a historic novel explaining how Duchamp was affected by
in the world (social, political and artistic) around him but also expands on
how his work in turn effected the world he lived in and the world we live in
today. Another ingredient that makes this book successful is that it touches
upon other theorists of Duchamp with an open minded opinion about those
theories that give you a place to start if further reading on Duchamp is
pursued.

--

Chip Schilling
Indulgence Press