[BKARTS] Folio: The Book Arts News @ FAU Libraries

Book Arts & Letterpress Lists:

On the Second Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a book arts newsletter?

It's December 27th, the Second Day of Christmas (an auspicious day for wine), and we are back at work again for a few days this holiday week at the Jaffe Collection. And since we can't possibly get two turtle doves to you today (and really, what would you do with them, anyway?), we're sending you instead a much more practical gift: a link to our brand new edition of "Folio: The Book Arts News at FAU Libraries." If you are on our regular mailing list, the print edition should be in your mailbox sometime soon (it went out towards the end of last week). But the e-version is available here, at our brand new, easy to remember website domain:

http://www.jaffecollection.org

You'll find the link for Folio right there on our homepage. This edition has news on book arts workshops that begin in January, a new Jaffe Collection documentary video that premieres in March (you're invited!), and more details on our current library expansion project. In fact, the construction crew is about ready to pour the concrete on the third floor expansion, right outside the east windows of the Wimberly. The complete third floor addition will be part of a new and improved Jaffe Book Arts Collection. It will be quite an amazing transformation.

We're looking forward to a very exciting new year here at the Collection, and hope that you can be a part of it. On behalf of all of us here at the Jaffe Collection, I wish you all good things for Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, and the New Year ahead.

John

John Cutrone
Book Arts Coordinator
The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection: Books as Aesthetic Objects
Boca Raton, Florida