[BKARTS] another class in OR

Green Heron Books invites you to attend Etched Metal Books with Jacqueline
Sullivan, Monday & Tuesday, February 6 and 7, held at the Accidental BookMaker
in Forest Grove, OR. This class can only accommodate eight students. In this
class students will learn a simple metal etching technique that is safe and can
be done in home studios. We’ll   learn several methods of placing our designs
on copper and brass, including rubber stamping, drawing and xerox transfer.
Students will explore various patination processes to color and antique the
metal and bring out the designs. We’ll also learn to “embed” the metal pieces
into book board to combine the decorative metal with other methods of covering
boards.   On day 2 we will drill, glue, and sew to make our metal pieces into
a small journal. Jacqueline Sullivan is a calligrapher, graphic designer,
mixed media artist from Lake Orion, Michigan.   She has been published in Somerset
Studio   and Cloth Paper and Scissors Magazines. She has been on the faculty
for several of the International Calligraphy Conferences and teaches at many
of the major art retreats around the country. Questions ? Call 503-357-7263 or
e-mail bookkits@xxxxxxxx To register send a check for $160   payable to Green
Heron, mailed to: Green Heron Book Arts,1928 21st Ave, Forest Grove, OR
97116