To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: Artist biographies & sketchbooks

I just received a lovely and interesting large format book (read coffee table size) that fits into these categories too.

"Illustrated Letters - Artists and Writers Correspond" edited by Roselyne de Ayala and Jean-Pierre Gueno (from Harry N. Abrams Publishers).

It has letters with sketches from Balzac, Delacroix, George Sand, Victor Hugo, Van Gogh, Picasso, Gauguin and many more. I am particularly interested to see the handwriting of the correspondents.

Christine