[BKARTS] Telling of the Book Arts World

> Date:    Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:31:59 -0800
> From:    Michelle Wilson <michelle_print@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Telling of the Book Arts World
>
> Hi Everyone,
> This email thread makes me wonder - how do those of you, who are book
> artists, explain what you do as book artists to non-art people?

If I try to describe my books to someone who isn't familiar with artist's
books, among the aspects that I mention (and I realize that they don't apply
to all artist's books): 1.labor-intensive/ handmade/comprised of fine-art
prints, 2. limited-edition (in my case), and 3. the kind of book that would
not be on the open shelves of a library, but rather in a noncirculating
collection.  I'm sure there are many other ways to describe artist's books.