Re: [BKARTS] Telling of the Book Arts World

Scott

You have the subject's nail on the head.
Themes do sound a lot more like interior decorating,
bookshelves by size and color scheme,
rather than a serious concern for issues and content.

A clever binding utilizing a passport that refers to immigration issues
is not a substitute for dealing with the issue.

So, where's the beef?

Paul's analysis smacks of the tenedency
of a marketplace trying to establish a canon
( a way to up the price to support an industry of economic parasites )
which is usually a death knell for any art form
and for the makers of art.

Oh well, homo sapiens - go figure.

michael