From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Linda M. Cunningham
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 9:47 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Telling of the Book Arts World

Michelle Wilson <michelle_print@xxxxxxxxx>

>   Which goes back to my original question, how do you all explain
>what it is you do to others?

<sigh> Michelle brings up a great point: for those of us (like me!)
who can't be catagorized into a specific niche, what *do* we call
ourselves?

I spin, and knit, but was trained as a writer, editor, DTP geek, and
indexer: I use all of these skills in the art I produce.  While I
bill myself as a "fibre (I'm in Canada, eh?) artist," I'm also all of
those other things (my day gig demands I use 'em).

And besides having run my own business, curated museum shows, and
gone to graduate school, where I'm considered to be a chimera of
architect and planner, I haven't quit expanding my horizons yet.

My preference is "visual artist" but I'm certainly open to other
suggestions....

Happy New Year, y'all!  (damn: why did First Night in Calgary die?)

Linda