[BKARTS] Early Suede Bindings: 1630?

Hi, All.

I've just received a 1630 Bible printed in London in its original binding. It appears (even in the turn-ins) to be suede (the flesh side out). I didn't find any mention of this in Middleton's "History of English Craft Bookbinding Technique" and wonder if any of you have run across this and how common you think it may be.
I have another in the shop from the 1790's but have seen no others.

Bob Roberts
Maryville TN