[BKARTS] Digital Artist Books Workshop in Eugene, OR

The Northwest Chapter of the Guild of Bookworkers
presents:

Digital Artist Books:
Using new technologies to create innovative artist
books.

Today's world of digital technology has reached the
point where almost everyone has a home computer,
inkjet printer, digital camera or scanner. But just
how to harness all this technology for the design and
creation artist books still remains a mystery to many
of us.

In this one-day workshop we'll look at artist books
that use a variety of digital techniques from
photography to letterpress, printmaking, painting and
collage mediums. In a round-table session, we'll
discuss the stages of digital design from concepting
to graphic design and typography all the way to
scanning, layout and printing. We'll talk about
digital workflow, paper, ink and printer options and
even how to create an imposition for your book
project.

Students are encouraged to bring samples of work they
would like to incorporate into artist books using
digital technology for a group brainstorming session.
This session is a great opportunity to get ideas,
feedback and inspiration from the group.

Instructor:  Laura Russell is a former graphic
designer and now full-time book artist who recently
relocated from Denver to the Pacific Northwest. She
creates limited-edition artists books that celebrate
our graphic history with photographs of vintage neon
signs, brick wall ghost signs, graffiti and other
urban landscapes. Her books are collected by
individual collectors, museums, libraries and
corporations. Her work can be seen on the web at
www.laurarussell.net.

Saturday, February 4th
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Lane Community College, Eugene, OR