Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 9 Jan 2006 to 10 Jan 2006 (#2006-11)

In a message dated 1/11/2006 12:06:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Date:    Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:57:42 -0800
From:   "LA. Book Arts" <typenut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Spring  Folders

I just ran into a question from another bookbinder here which  had me
stumped.
In germany, there is a lot of use of spring  folders, the kind which
as you open them you fold both board  backwards and that opens the
springloaded spine so you can insert a  stack of pages, after closed,
the pages are secured in place through  the spring.

Which company here makes the machine or the supplies to  build such ?
Otherwise he can order the stuff from  germany.

------------------------------------
L.A  Book Arts, Inc.
The Custom Bindery
Krause  Intaglio
310.360.7265
www.Custombindery.com

I'm confused by your message as to whether you are trying to  buy the spring
binders or machines to build them. At any rate, I know that Paper  Source
carries the binders in their stores and on their web site. _www.paper-source.com_
(http://www.paper-source.com)  as I bougth one there  recently. (Look for
Klemmbinders.) They could probably give you info on where  they get them from.

Sally Canzoneri