Re: [BKARTS] Telling of the Book Arts World

* "If you are  copying the work of
someone else as did many monks in the middle ages, then its  work"*

I dis-agree with the above. I read Jean Baudrillard's book Simulacra and
Simulations and this shows how origin gets blurred, a hyperreality where the
distinctions between real and unreal are blurred.

Also, *"smacks of the tenedency of a marketplace trying to establish a
canon" *---- no thanks.  We not interested to maintain standards by propping
up the past, or market a dead the aura of originality and genius.  We
are managed by artists and the name is chosen well to help establish studios
for book artists not for upholding history. Rhizomatic(!) virtual
communities develop the new booked (Net)art - I do not mean to establish or
adhere to a canonicity of artists' books or style or idea - artists' books
are non-canon! or fanon - but to lasso the lacunae of *funding and
spaces*in the city (otherwise taken over by other agents and banks!)
helping fellow
artists to help ourselves.  Bottom-up art!

:)

--
Paul Bettinson
Postboks 4703 Sofienberg