[BKARTS] Gelatin Monotype Print Question

Greetings,

I'm wanting to do some gelatin monotypes using agar powder instead of the
animal-based gelatin product.  (I'm a vegetarian...)  I understand that
agar has greater "gel" capacity.  Have any of you used it to make gelatin
plates?  What would be the ratio of agar to water?  The ratio of
animal-based gelatin is 1:8 for making printing plates.  Agar is
considerably more expensive so I am in hopes of finding a "tried and true"
ratio so I don't have to waste the agar in a trial and error process.

Thanks!
Michelle Francis