Re: [BKARTS] Very Telling, Indeed

Signa:
There is a book on it by Jonathan J. G. Alexander called  "Medieval
Illuminators and their methods of work"; Yale University Press  1992.  It shows the
originals and the copies made after  them.    A lot of illuminations came from
church mosaics so  that's something to consider when determining who authored
the  image.

When the Morgan Painted Prayers exhibit came though here they  had a book
called Painted prayers on the exhibition, it is worth  finding.  It was a really
nice they gave you magnifying lenses to look  at the manuscripts and there
were several rooms full of them and they had some  nice Spanish manuscripts which
used blue, gold, and black as the  color schemes.  Really bold looking!

I have access to one of the best collections of manuscripts in  the country
and I can handle the books. They have a Tyndale new  Testament and the first
torah scroll made in China. They also have papyrus  which is between glass
plates and I believe they have the oldest bit of romans  in the world.  Its a
numbered papyrus.

James