[BKARTS] Coming up next weekend: COLLAGE workshop at Studio on the Square

  New classes are now posted on our website through April 2006.  Here is a small sampling of classes you don?t want to miss!  Our classes are limited enrollment (4-6 students) so sign-up now to reserve your place.

  JANUARY

  COLLAGE WORKSHOP
  Sat & Sun 10AM-4PM, January 28 & 29
  with Steve Daiber
  Another fun & productive weekend guaranteed!:
  Gather all the images you have piled up -  those odd bits of family ephemera, photographs, magazine clippings, old drawings, & favorite poems - and learn imaginative ways to integrate them into a book or print series, combining multiple images and text to create exciting new artworks, as you collage your way into a series of images that tell your story!
  ($235 plus $15 materials fee)

  INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED BOOK ARTS
  6 Monday Evenings: 6:00-9:00PM
  January 23, 30, February 6, 13, 27, March 6
  with Mindy Belloff
  Make your book ideas become reality ? work on the editions you?ve been putting off and advance your creative potential!
  ($345 plus materials fee $15)

  FEBRUARY

  RELIEF PRINT EDITION
  Saturday 10AM-4PM, February 11
  Create a print edition in one day! Using linoleum relief blocks, design & transfer your image, learn secrets for carving your block, & print 1 or 2-color impressions in perfect registration on our vintage Vandercook letterpress.
  ($125 plus $20 materials fee)

  MINIATURE BOOK EDITION: TEXT & IMAGE
  Fri 6-8PM, Sat & Sun 10AM-4PM, Feb. 24, 25, 26
  Letterpress print 10 awesome books, including text and images, in one weekend!  In this awesome intensive, you will print a series of 3 images and 3 pages of text. Learn all phases of creating & printing an image: designing, planning, & transferring the image; cutting the blocks; mixing colored inks; and operating a press. You will set your text in metal foundry type and print it on all on the letterpress, making beautiful impressions and completing an edition of 10 printed books in just one weekend!
  ($285 plus $20 materials fee)

  For more info and images of student work please go to
  www.StudioOnTheSq.com
  or call 917-412-4134

  STUDIO-ON-THE-SQUARE
  An Intimate Setting for Learning
  Book Arts, Printing, & Printmaking Workshops
  32 Union Square East, #310, NYC
  Subway:  4, 5, 6, L, R to Union Square
  Ph: 917-412-4134
  www.StudioOnTheSq.com