Re: [BKARTS] Sugar & Vinegar Paste Papers

How about dessert?

Signa

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Marilyn Zornado
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:57 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sugar & Vinegar Paste Papers

I found a recipe for sugar & vinegar paste papers and have made some sample
sheets. They have a lovely sparkly look which I like and the colors are
bright and clear, but I can't figure out what to make with them. Pasting
them with PVA makes the sugar runny. They can't be laminated with heat for
the sugar melts. I used glue stick to mount them as covers on book board,
but an errant splash of water softens the sugar. So I coated the
sugar+vinegar paper with a light coat of wax to protect it, but then it lost
its sparkle. Spraying with fixative didn't work to protect it from running
if wet.

The only use I can think of for them is wrapping paper.

Any thoughts?

Marilyn Zornado

Marilyn Zornado
1801 NW Upshur