Re: [BKARTS] Telling of the Book Arts World

Richard Minsky <minsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
> there is a transcript online at
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
> dyn/content/article/2006/01/16/AR2006011600779.html
> It was an impassioned and important speech, and the best I've heard
> from him.

Al Gore:
"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our
government."
APPLAUSE
"Vigilant adherence to the rule of law actually strengthens our
democracy, of course, and strengthens America."
APPLAUSE

Impassioned? Important? Duplicitous and ironic, I'd say.
This from a man that took tobacco subsidies for his family farm for years.

Imagine in 8 years or so Dick Cheney issuing an impassioned defense of
gay marriage! We live in a cartoon world. I am sure it will happen!

sk