To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 6:41 AM
Subject: [BKARTS] The Pepper Challenge

As to your work I'm sorry but however heartfelt the making it is pretty awful by almost any standard. The lettering and drawing are neither skilled enough nor naive enough to be interesting; they are simply incompetent. Your color sense, at least on my color corrected monitor, is boring at best. If I did not know better I would think you were making a joke, some postmodern deconstructionist comment on something or other.
Again I am happy that you are engaged on a project which interests you; I always say that just doing the work is 99 % of the process and as to the rest who really cares?
But it is far past time for you to stop attacking others' work when your own is so very bad.
Claim all the SPIRIT you want for yourself but that somehow doesn't come across in either your work or your comments. As for me I'm just cranky waiting for my new muller to arrive.
Best to you, James