Re: [BKARTS] Sybil Pye and Sussex, England

We have one in the University of Manchester Library (UK) details
as below:
We have one Sybil Pye binding in our Anthony Dowd Collection.
The
following description is taken from the published catalogue of the
collection 'The Anthony Dowd Collection of Modern Bindings'
(Manchester:
JRULM, 2002):

69. Anacreon.

Done into English out of the original Greek by Abraham Cowley.
Nonesuch
Press, London, 1923.  242 x 140 mm.  108 pp.
No. 724 of 725 copies with title page and six illustrations engraved
on
copper by Stephen Gooden, the text printed in Monotype
Garamond on Van
Gelder paper by the Pelican Press.

This copy was bound by Sybil Pye in 1928 in red morocco with
inlays of
dark green, scarlet and two shades of brown, tooled in gold with
rules,
dots, diamonds, large crescents and hollow squares to a cubist
design
covering both boards; spine with five raised bands ruled in gold;
titled
in gold; turn-ins with four rules and corner diamond and dot gold
tooling;
signed with the monogram 'SP' with 'MCM' and 'XXVIII' above and
below,
forming the date, in gold on the foredge turn-in of the lower board.
Contained in a fleece-lined box fully covered with red goatskin,
titled on
the spine in gold, designed and made in 1988 by Clare Skelton.

Provenance: Purchased at the ABA Antiquarian Book Fair,
London, June
1987.

The Anthony Dowd Collection is held within Special Collections,
which is
currently situated in the University's Main Library (Purple Area,
Floor 4)
on Oxford Road.  Special Collections is open from 10.00 am to
5.15 pm
Monday to Friday, and from 10.00 am to 12.45 pm on Saturdays.
Readers are
required to present two proofs of identity together with a letter of
reference/introduction on their first visit.  We advise that visits are
booked in advance.  (Email:
special.collections@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' tel:
0161 275 3764.)