Re: [BKARTS] Shit (was: Book Art Criticism)

Piero Manzoni "Artist's Shit" may not be beautiful
http://home.sprynet.com/~mindweb/maincan.htm to some but the idea could
possibly be.

I walk down the street and see beautiful happenings everyday - art or not -
art need not only be beautiful, thats my opinion, as the poetic metaphor and
our impulse to create narrative is beautiful too.

I was very lucky to have met the artist Thomas Hirschhorn at a book launch
in London (UK) and we had a good discussion about how contemporary artists
maybe are more concerned now with the idea of *VALUE* than with beauty -
whether or not beauty is made from artists' explorations.

*>I walk down the street and see beautiful happenings everyday* is meant to
be a kind of joke too - but my text humour is lacking right now!  :)

--
Paul Bettinson
Postboks 4703 Sofienberg