Re: [BKARTS] Looking for Mohawk Superfine Alternative

Mohawk Superfine is a wonderful paper for letterpress but was not made for
inkjet printing.  It sounds like you have been using the Superfine Digital
or Superfine Indigo for your ink jet printing, both were coated papers
designed for use in the HP Indigo Digital Press (a commercial laser
printer).  These papers have been replaced with Superfine I-tone, a paper
that has the "sizing" in the paper rather than a coating.  However none of
the Mohawk Superfine papers were designed for inkjet printing.  I did a test
of Mohawk papers (they are considerably cheaper) and found the color gamut
unacceptable.

On 1/23/06 8:18 PM, "Kevin Thomas" <ktbooks77@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As has been recommended on this list I have been printing with an Epson C80
> printer and absolutely love the quaility of prints that I get for my books.
> However, lately the Mohawk Superfine paper that I have been using has been
> curling a lot for some reason. I've heard that Mohawk changed this paper
> recently and this curling problem seems to be one fo the results of that
> change.
>
> Can anybody recommend another uncoated commercial printing paper that they
> use in the Epson C80 (or C86 or whatever) that produces as nice results
> without the curl?
>
> I really like the Mohawk because it is so much cheaper to use and gives me
> almost matching results to Epson matte inkjet papers. The Mohawk also works
> so much better in books than ink jet papers. That powdery, ceramic feeling
> of most ink jet papers is annoying.
>
> Any ideas of different papers to avoid the curl?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Dionysus Press
www.dionysuspress.com